Logo

New member, question about value of lower unit conversion

samntrllr

I am about to take possession of a 2015 LS 115 hp Honda outboard with extremely low hours. I am thinking about converting it to XL shaft. Is there value in resale for the lower unit I will be removing? I know the new parts are not cheap and wanting to capture some $$ to offset the expense. What might it be worth, knowing that most conversions go from LS to XL shafts. Trying to make a good decision. I am thinking the new extension is going to run me in the neighborhood of $2K.... thanks for any comments.

If adding 5 inches, there is a new housing to include, not just a shaft. I will have a short housing and other parts I want to resell.

Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards adjusting the Offshore bracket after talking to my guy who is going to build it. B.O.A.T. for better electronics maybe.....

Might be a mistake to " fit " a 20 " motor to a 25" transom.--------Might be best to sell / swap the motor you have for the correct one.

And I would not use a four stroke off shore with a 20" leg, it would be sitting far too low in the water and therefore a high risk of water intrusion through the exhaust.

Back