Logo

Honda outboard won't start

mhess101813

I have a 1974 Honda b75k3 and it has fuel, spark, and timing seems to be good but won't run still. Compression feels ok and everything checked out, please help !!

Compression may feel okay, but that doesn't mean it is any good, I would run a test.

Other than that I would look at your Carb. pull it, clean it, and retry if you haven't. Also maybe check the kill switch, it may be off or bad.

Compression may feel okay, but that doesn't mean it is any good, I would run a test.

Other than that I would look at your Carb. pull it, clean it, and retry if you haven't. Also maybe check the kill switch, it may be off or bad.

Thanks! I did a compression check, 120psi on the bottom and 0 on the top, took the head off, a piece of gasket was stuck under the intake valve. Putting back together hope it works

Runs like a champ, only thing now is fixing the kill switch

Back