Logo

Fitting modified exhausts to my 225

metal-chicken

Regular Contributor
Modified exhaust kit has arrived from Boats.net and I've managed to deal with UPSs' ineptitude when it comes to paying UK import duty and taxes.
Today I've taken my time removing the bottom end off my 225 engine - it's taken a couple of hours but I wanted to do it right.

Took the extension case off to find that the modified exhausts have already been fitted :mad:

D0Ga5X5.jpg

So now I need to figure out why I keep blowing HO2 sensors - I wondering if someone else in the family is running the engine too low (it's on a hydraulic jack plate) - this year the sensor went when my nephew was using the boat :confused:

So if anyone in the UK wants an exhaust kit for their 225 then please get in touch!!

Last edited:
That’s annoying! In the spirit of me learning from your hard won experience - is there anyway I can tell whether mine are already done without dropping the lower unit off also?

without wishing to tempt fate - I know we had o2 sensors go in the past and had them replaced plus the lower spark plug fowling due to water incursion - but I don’t know whether the previous owners did the right thing and replaced the exhausts...

Last edited:
No I'm afraid not!

Are you running the updated O2 sensor and ECU?
If so that may be an indicator if my experience is anything to go by..... But it's absolutely no guarantee.

Metal, I too have post 2011 BF200´s which had the SB at production and still have O2 Sensor issues. Read an interesting post somewhere where it seems that the O2 Sensor vendor cut production costs with the new part number and we are now in the scenario where the old installation was causing water damage to the sensors and the new installation sensors have had their longevity impacted by their new design related o lowering the heater consumption. Will post the link if I fid it.

Back