Logo

2003 225 Fuel Pump Electrical Plug. How to get to it?

Well, it looks like it won't allow me to properly upload a PDF file today.

So if I can't show you the picture, it's a two-prong connector that is normally tucked in behind the VST. There is enough slack in the harness to pull it out and unplug it for testing. Before you unplug it, have someone turn on the key switch while you are near the engine so you can heard whether the pump comes on for 2 seconds. If not, then unplug it, hook up a voltmeter - positive to blue/yellow and negative to black. Have someone turn on the key switch again while you watch the voltmeter. You should read battery voltage for 2 seconds. If not, then check your fuses.

Well, it looks like it won't allow me to properly upload a PDF file today.

So if I can't show you the picture, it's a two-prong connector that is normally tucked in behind the VST. There is enough slack in the harness to pull it out and unplug it for testing. Before you unplug it, have someone turn on the key switch while you are near the engine so you can heard whether the pump comes on for 2 seconds. If not, then unplug it, hook up a voltmeter - positive to blue/yellow and negative to black. Have someone turn on the key switch again while you watch the voltmeter. You should read battery voltage for 2 seconds. If not, then check your fuses.

Thanks CHawk.
Do I have to take the lower cowling off to access the plug?

I just don't remember whether you do or not. But if you are going to work on the pump or VST, or change the HP filter, yes, you will need to take it off.

And with it off, you can easily check #6 spark plug to make sure it still looks good. That's the plug that most often gets fowled by water incursion up the original exhaust tubes.

Back