Logo

Honda Identification BF8?

jaziniho

Trying to confirm and identify exact model of Honda Outboard that is in need of some tlc, and various service parts ordering.

I couldn't find an ID plate on the frame (nor any sign of where one used to be), but I found the following on the engine block:
BEAAJ-1000439

There doesn't seem to be a 'BEAAJ' model, so having a guess, if you take the E out, overall model would be BAAJ-1000439?

I've attached a few photos, also looking to try and confirm that this in fact the Longshaft model.
Tried to measure today, and seemed to me that it matched up at about that size.

This would most likely be a UK Model, if that makes any difference.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 4.47.11 PM.png
side-view.jpg
cover.jpg

Hi jaziniho,

It looks like a BF8D long shaft.

And, if your theory about the engine serial # is correct, it would make it a 2001...I think.

Just guessing as I've never seen a UK model but I've worked on many U.S. BF8D and yours looks like one of those.

Good luck and fair winds to ye.

Thanks - I did wonder about the 2006 EPA sticker on the cover... did the 2001 models continued to be sold 'as-is' for an extended period of time?

Cheers,
Tom

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that it IS a 2001, I meant that it could be. It could also be an '06 for all I know.

Is it an electric start model? If so, what type of choke does it have? If there is no choke, that could be a clue as to it's age as well.

Back