Logo

3.0 carburator gasket

John4003

Regular Contributor
Does anyone know which carb mounting gasket should be used? Brand new combo header and carb but there are two different gaskets. One is an open hole and the other has a bar in the middle. Going on a Merc 3.0.

I had same issue on mine as both came in rebuild kit. Do you know what was in there originally? I had a mercarb and it used the two hole gasket.i tried the single oval hole gasket as that is more like the opening in the manifold, but it wouldn’t idle for crap... put the two hole gasket on and it idled fine. I assume the oval hole gasket is for a newer TKS carb but can’t confirm

I don't remember as it was way last August when I removed the motor. Like you I assume it's the two hole gasket which seems odd because there is no mating surface that matches it on any of the manifolds I looked at. Does your carb have the single idle screw?

Yes it had (like allmercarbs) a single idle screw. The TKS which came out later also has a single idle screw but a,so has an enrichment valve on bowl. I found it strange to use the two hole gasket on an intake with and oval hole but that’s what was on mine OEM and what worked for me.

Back