Logo

Trolling motor battery question

bernielink

Hi Folks, Just bought a little 12 ft. fiberglass boat (490 lbs) & need a battery for my Minn Kota 30lb trolling motor. The boat came with a riding lawnmower battery he used to power the trolling motor. At my age I don't want a heavy battery & would like to keep the price under $100. Has anyone ever used a mower battery to power a trolling motor & any suggestions on a battery I should buy? Thanks, Bernie

Ideally, you want the battery capacity (size) to meet your needs. Those units are AMP*HOURS. if you need 'smaller' cases, you can physically split your source into two or more units but you will have extra cost doing that. So you need to figure out how you will use the motor and go from there.

I'd suggest a AGM technology with Deep Cycle construction.....I believe that combination will give you longest service life.

Ideally, you want the battery capacity (size) to meet your needs. Those units are AMP*HOURS. if you need 'smaller' cases, you can physically split your source into two or more units but you will have extra cost doing that. So you need to figure out how you will use the motor and go from there.

I'd suggest a AGM technology with Deep Cycle construction.....I believe that combination will give you longest service life.

Thanks, I'll try that. Appreciate your reply

Back