Logo

Omg cobra exhaust dumps??

Omcking

Hi all, I am new to the site and this is my first post I am really hoping to get some answers from here. I have a 1991 imp Europa 205 with the 5.7l omc cobra. The boat runs excellent and I really enjoy it. However I am wanting to put electronic exhaust dumps on it. I have tried to do some research on it and I can’t find anything. I just need to know what setup would work I’d hate to buy something and it not work. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!!!

what would be the purpose or advantage of an exhaust dump on an outdrive boat? (or any other boat that is not used for extreme racing purposes)....

I wont say an exhaust dump system couldnt be fitted, but I will say the only reason a person would even consider it is if they were wanting to be more loud and obnoxious than some "self proclaimed" boaters already are... which if you want to be louder and more obnoxious, you could install a more powerful speaker system and play your music so loud it it vibrates the screws/rivits out of your boat... open, un-muffled exhaust will offer no real noticeable advantage in the performance of the boat, so if thats what you are hoping for, you should consider an engine upgrade...

Back