Logo

Please help

Tko8787

1979 fish natique.. 454 with 1410 marine carb . Pertronix dist and wires. Engine 2 years old carburetor and distributor system only 1 year old..park the boat late August and just trying to crank it this weekend and it is running rough and backfiring... I replace the spark plugs for process of elimination.. usually backfires when first giving it gas. Then again at idle I hear some popping out the exhaust..

Have you changed your fuel filters and how old is the gas? I would douse the tank with sea foam and see if that helps.

Gas is 5 month old and was parked with seafoam . Fuel filter changed over summer .... I was reading last night ( dust cap may have moisture... Gonna eleimonate dat today

Eliminated the wet distributor today. Unless corrosion settled in at some point. I'm afraid valve may be it... Strange thing is as I pull wires off one of the time most of them don't make a difference in the way th boat runs...also a shot of throttle cleaner into the carburetor will immediately back fire(

Last edited:
Unfortunately I got it figured out two bent push rods and two broken pushrods that fell down into the head. Milky water in port side head

Back