Logo

Serial Number Location on an Interceptor 165 HP Engine from 1967

My68Lyman

Greetings,

Although I have a serial number from records of the 1967 Lyman 19' Inboard Runabout I recently purchased, I cannot seem to locate the number on the engine itself. The No. is: FET22R732615

It's an Interceptor V8 with 165 HP.

I'd also like to know where to find out the detailed specifications for this particular engine if there is a location to obtain that other than here at the forum.

Thank you,

Going on second hand info, a mid 60's interceptor should have an ID plate at the base of the carb...

Earlier ones (50's vintage) typically had the serial number stamped into the 'timing cover'...

Going on second hand info, a mid 60's interceptor should have an ID plate at the base of the carb...

Earlier ones (50's vintage) typically had the serial number stamped into the 'timing cover'...

Thank you. I'll check those locations.

I had tried to search previous Interceptor forum threads for this topic, and did see at least one where the timing cover had a number. The format of the number didn't seem at all similar to the numbers given to me with the original bill of sale for the boat and its title documents. I'm used to seeing a tag riveted to the block itself.

Back