Logo

Volvo 290DP steering cylinder actuator replacement

CLTAMT

I'm re-powering my 1994 Albemarle 247 Express that came with a Volvo 570A/290 DP. Due to the excellent condition of the 290DP with only 325 original hours, I'm reusing the out-drive but replacing the original Uflex cable/hydraulic steering system with a straight hydraulic system. This will also do away with the need for an engine driven P/S pump.

The problem is we're having trouble finding the correct new hydraulic actuator to replace the old actuator.

Any idea what hydraulic steering cylinder will replace the factory volvo pn# 852741. The mounting bracket number is volvo pn# 872101. I will try and post a picture if it helps.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20190806_084642.jpg
    20190806_084642.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 230
Hi I was wondering how the upgrade went? The original mechanical / power steering setup on my boat gives a lot of play. I too would like to upgrade to a fully hydraulic steering system to eliminate the play in the mechanical cable. Is there a upgrade kit available for this? I would appreciate any info you can give me!
Desmond

Hi I was wondering how the upgrade went? The original mechanical / power steering setup on my boat gives a lot of play. I too would like to upgrade to a fully hydraulic steering system to eliminate the play in the mechanical cable. Is there a upgrade kit available for this? I would appreciate any info you can give me!
Desmond

Ayuh,.... The op, posted once, three years ago,.... I doubt you see a reply from him,....

Do a google search for hyd. steerin' kits,.... you'll find plenty of kits to do so,.....
Sea Star is one manufacturer,.....

Back