Logo

2004 Yamaha 115hp skipping while at full throttle

Captiva40

Hello-

This is my first post to this forum and I’m hoping someone can help. Our outboard skips repeatedly when under power at full (or near full) throttle. It only happens when in gear, and runs fine when in neutral at high rpms. We have replaced the fuel filter and are using fresh fuel, and have had several mechanics look into it but with no luck.

here is a video of it acting up:

https://youtu.be/ejh6U6WsbTk

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I forgot to mention in the original post that the engine will run rough like it is in the video for about 10 minutes, and then it runs fine for the rest of the trip.

Please help. The fish are getting away.

looks to be starving for fuel, typically fuel pump, a leak in fuel line so its sucking air not fuel, dirty carb or out of adjustment but mechanics not picking up on that and the engine not doing this all the time at full throttle would go against that. maybe spark plugs or cdi

Fuel issue. Start with new filters, pull the VST and clean it and check the pumps, then pull the fuel rail and injectors, clean the rail and have the injectors professionally serviced.... This is how you repair this issue. Do not skip any of these steps....

Back