Logo

Outboard to Bluetooth??

TritonFisher

Contributing Member
Hi all,
I may be looking in the wrong places so far, but does Honda have a similar product to Mercury’s vessel view, which plugs into the outboard and allows for real time data into your smartphone? Thanks!

I’ve seen those, but mine is an 06 and is not NMEA compliant. I am working on a Bluetooth device and trying to get Dr H on it. If nothing else just a little project to tinker with.

And here I thought that the Evinrude G-2 models had a feature to down load to your phone.----Then you transmit data to dealer over the phone to diagnose problem and the fix.

Figured I would give an update on this—I was ready to dive back into this with the Corona situation keeping us inside for a bit, but in all the cleaning out we decided to do, the cable between the engine and the laptop is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know of which connector it is at the engine? Prior to cleaning out, I was able to stream data via Bluetooth, which was powered from a 5v temporary lead (connector to particle photon chip), but need to start over. Thanks, everyone!

Reviving this about a year later after talking with a local Honda shop. When connecting Dr H, can a Honda motorcycle 4 pin to 16 pin OBD2 work with the Honda outboard? I don’t have the interface cable and am looking at other options. Thanks!

Back