Logo

1987 Bayliner 29’ small block Chevy

ollison

Everything is new gas tank to carburetor. All filters houses pumps. As I begin to give her throttle coughs dies but will restart. New plugs, wires, coil timing perfect. I got this is a project boat and only one time did it have enough power after 4 minutes to get on top of the water at 18mph. Someone to set another form check your high riser gaskets. Anybody hear of this?? This boats starts great idles great. I am hesitant to believe it’s a carburetor that needs to be rebuilt. It’s a clean boat with 900 hours. Reaches only 3400 rpms when she seeming looses it.

mcomm said:
RicardoMarine said:
Please see your other thread regarding what appears to be the same topic.
This refers to a 29'er, the other is 28'er.

Here is the first thread that he started:

Everything is new gas tank to carburetor. All filters houses pumps. As I begin to give her throttle coughs dies but will restart. New plugs, wires, coil timing perfect. I got this is a project boat and only one time did it have enough power after 4 minutes to get on top of the water at 18mph. Someone to set another form check your high riser gaskets. Anybody hear of this?? This boats starts great idles great. I am hesitant to believe it’s a carburetor that needs to be rebuilt. It’s a clean boat with 900 hours. Reaches only 3400 rpms when she seeming looses it.

Second thread started:

If this is regarding two different boats, it's amazing to see that each has the same exact issue!
(I'm being sarcastic) LOL

Back