Logo

Johnson 115 HP 2005 2 stroke bogging down after full throttle

HI guys Im new to the forum and this is my first thread. Thanks in advance.

I have my boat for a year, I bought it November 2018, I did not take it to service till this season 'as Australian spring starts in November'. After cold start and the boat being sitting for 6 months in winter then we noticed the gear didn't work into drive and reverse feels so stiff. I took back to a mechanic he serviced the engine charged $400 AUS and $1,300 AUS he said i fixed the gear problem the shaft was bent and the gear box mount ruined he show me the old ruined one. I went straight to ocean and start it cold start, runs well the gear working nice and smooth. Got exited and said alright let's hit the ocean.
We went ahead to the ocean me and my 3 mates then after running well we turned it off fo fish around, then after 45 minutes we decided to move to another spot to fish, the surprise is i tried to turn on the engine wont start. we tried for long time then after 45 minutes start after i pushed the lever all way up. we drove 2 minutes then stoped again. luckily we closer to boat, we call him he towed us back to the pier. I returned to the mechanic he blamed the way i turned it on 'You pushed the choke for the second start up in the ocean and soaked the carburettor with fuel' he said . He run it for 20 minutes at the shop was ok. I then went to ocean again, i turned on the good way as he said, then i speed up 'push the throttle up', then the engine slowly went down and off.
We got towed again, again i went back to him he said ur petrol has water, replace it. I did replaced it, and checked the spark plugs he said i replaced them. I saw full them of carbs. I washed them. And hit the ocean again. Went down in the ocean was ok. We stopped for fishing then we want to move to another spot, i tried the engine it doesn't work and also this time developed a grinding noise. !!!!! I went dropped it off, asked him to find out the problem i had enough with him. Im not sure what to do, he's testing the boat and will get back to me tomorrow, Can you guys advice me ? as Im new to this and this guy looks like has not got lots of experience with motors and servicing. Thanks a lot.

What is a " gear box mount " ?----Post picture or part # of this item.----Grinding noises sound expensive.----Or perhaps get a manual and do some work at home.----Not that hard to do.

What is a " gear box mount " ?----Post picture or part # of this item.----Grinding noises sound expensive.----Or perhaps get a manual and do some work at home.----Not that hard to do.

Hi, thanks for replying to me, please refer to the pics attached. And fixing it at home? I have no experience with that hahah.

Attachments

• Resized_20191015_122348.jpg
    Resized_20191015_122348.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Resized_20191014_114345.jpg
    Resized_20191014_114345.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 34
he just got back to me and the carburettors need to be rebuilt $450 AUS. I told him you should had check the full system with the service before i hit the water. He start to make excuses !!

Last edited:
Back