Logo

1994 75hp Mercury Loss of Power

cvt88

Alright guys here’s my issue...
1994 75hp mercury.
Seems like it is only running on 2 cylinders or fuel is not getting to the bottom cylinder. About 2 months ago I got it out on the water ran around 32mph around 5500 rpm and shot out the hole, now I’m getting 25mph around 4000rpm and hard to get out the hole.

Top 2 plugs are hot to the touch and the bottom is not, which is why I’m assuming it’s not getting fuel or firing.

I have a new stator, new switch box, new ignition coils, plugs and wires, new fuel pump, rebuilt and cleaned the carbs a couple times. New gas tank.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be going on?

Also the time it started with this problem,I was out on the water the motor would surge into full power and then bogg down for about a min then surge back in to full power kept doing this all the way back in. Now it just runs on what seems like 2 cylinders.

Please and thank you for all the help.

You need to use a DVA meter on the coils and switchbox to hopefully locate the problem. If you don't have one, you can buy a DVA adapter for an existing ohm meter for 30 bucks on Amazon.

My favorite tool!

Jeff

First do a compression test. If you are good, then check spark( if not mistaking it has cdm coils) check ohms resistance on coils.

Back