Logo

Omc tilt issues

mevans

Back to the drawing board, so I bought a repair book to figure out wiring and decided my boat wiring is old and brittle. I bought new motor, 2 new solenoids, new battery main cable, new toggle switch and all new wiring. In hindsight the whole electronics is new, however still will not engage up or down, was starting to think problem may be in worm shaft not really sure what happens after the motor is activated is there a piece of the puzzle I am missing, or should I assume problem lies between motor shaft and worm gear. When motor is activated it seems to be doing its job, it seems like it binds up somewhere

Update removed clutch from housing and removed spur gear so there is no load, activated the switch works up and down great installed clutch pack works great, installed spur gear it binds up. Sounds like a grinding noise in worm gear ?????? Going to remove cover and inspect worm gear am I on the right track or am I missing something

What's the trick to removing end cap on worm drive, I removed the clip wire brushed around it no luck, thinking about putting a self tapping screw in it and pulling it out that way

you really dont want to do that . find a manual first.. may be the impulse coupling you hear
Remove the retaining bolts, the snap ring, cap should come out. If not you have to pull the motor drive first, then tap it off using the shaft from inside

Last edited:
Back