Logo

1986 60 HP Evinrude Water Pump question

PhilSch

Regular Contributor
I bought Full Power Plus water pump kit PN 432955 from Marine Pump and Part Corp via Amazon. The kit came with no instructions or illustrations. There is a O ring of approx 1 3/8" outer diameter and I am not sure where it goes. It looks like it could fit under the top of the impeller housing as there is a slight recess about the same size as the O ring. Does that sound correct? If not where does it belong?

I tried to attach a pic of the o ring sitting inside the underside of the housing but I was unable to do so.

Secondly, the kit did not come with a O ring for the top of the drive shaft. I know I can make a trip to a boat dealer for it but I have many O rings on hand and if I can get the OD/ID/cross section diameter and material type I might be able to use what I have on hand. Does anyone know what the O ring size is?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
According to the pic you should have the one for the drive shaft. The bigger on I believe goes into the pump housing. Between the liner and the housing itself.

Scott,

I did not get one for the drive shaft. What pic are you refering to? I tried to attach a file but on my end I can see any attachment.

What you refer to the bigger O ring I presume you are talking about the 1 3/8" OD? Of course there is also the big one that goes under the perimeter of the housing, contacting the metal plate.

Scott,

I did not get one for the drive shaft. What pic are you refering to? I tried to attach a file but on my end I can see any attachment.

What you refer to the bigger O ring I presume you are talking about the 1 3/8" OD? Of course there is also the big one that goes under the perimeter of the housing, contacting the metal plate.
I looked up the part # you should have got the driveshaft oring. 1 3/8 oring I believe goes up in the housing.

I looked up the part # you should have got the driveshaft oring. 1 3/8 oring I believe goes up in the housing.

As you can see by going to the link below the o-ring for the top of the drive shaft was not included in the kit.

Full Power Plus 60HP 65HP 70HP... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072SDPPT8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I did put the one in 3/8 inch o ring in the correct location that you mentioned between the metal can and the plastic housing. Thanks for your help Scott.

Back