Logo

Best Service Manual

What would be the best service manual for my motor? I have a 96 Johnson 175 Fast Strike. Model number is J175GLEDB. I have look around and found a few but would like to know others opinions. Thanks

I’d vote for factory. I have Seloc & factory Evinrude manuals. I find the Seloc did not have photos of the actual carburetor on my engine.
Also, the Seloc tends to cover many years/models. You end up scrolling through many pages to find what pertains to your actual situation. In some cases, there was a critical paragraph pertaining only to my engine. You had to closely read through a bunch of non pertinent stuff to find the gem I needed.

This might be what you need.
https://www.selffixer.com/outboard....ude.ED.60.LV.90-175.Service.Manual.507127.htm
9f8eaf8d-363b-4be3-8e22-71a9dba33e27

For 2000 Evinrude Johnson 225 I have the factory manual and I also have a manual that came on CD with the diagnostic software I bought on eBay that seems to cover 115hp-250hp motors both Ficht and carbonated. They both have their strong and weak points but frankly neither strikes me as having all of the answers. Over the two I would choose the factory manual as it doesn't require the skipping around the other one does. The other one has better explanations as to what makes things work.

Anyone else have experience with the eBay Evinrude software? I'm convinced it's bootlegged from Serbia or some place over there but the software works. I am afraid to do any EMM updates using it, though, and even though I keep getting a message that the software is overdue for factory update I don't have the ability to do that.

Back