Logo

Newbie in Ireland in trouble šŸ˜†

Finlay1

Hi Guys ,

Just joined here from Ireland and I'm looking for Information on a 9.9 evinrude .
We no longer have a main dealer in Ireland and anywhere I have tried has simply said that the engine is too old to carry parts ( the cheek ). So im on here .
The model number is E10BALCRA and it was made in Belgium .
My dad has used this since new and it is running perfectly well but he is 84 and unable to maintain it now .
Have it on winter stand and see the water and oil mix ( mayonnaise) coming through , but unable to locate seals ( gaskets ) etc .
It's 2 stroke and I'd love to see my dad wind it up again on our Irish Lough's šŸ˜
Anyone help ??

1984 model. Is this coming out of the lower unit when you drained it? Or is it coming out of the propeller? If it is coming out of the propeller it is probably normal. If it is coming out of the drain screws for the lower unit when you changed it, you will need the seal kit. I would also ask a moderator to move this to the Evinrude forum.

Last edited:
Thanks Flyingscott,
It's leaking fro the drain screws , little bit from prop. It nothing more than normal . 84 model ?? Ok ,it's older than I thought !
Thanks for reply , also apols , I thought I was in the right thread

Those screws should have washers on them so replace those first. The stuff coming out of the prop could be the exhaust mixed with water which is normal.

Back