Logo

Tilt trim hose conversion

Ol' FourWinns

Hello, would it be possible to drill out and re tap the trim motor and rams to convert to an easy to find fitting. Half of my hoses are not available and no one around can make me new ones

Hello, would it be possible to drill out and re tap the trim motor and rams to convert to an easy to find fitting. Half of my hoses are not available and no one around can make me new ones

what model drive?

did you search the part numbers on ebay?... I found new ones reasonably priced about a year ago without any problem.... there were many listed and some were outrageously priced...

if you absolutely cannot find any and you knew someone who works with hydraulic hoses, they should be able to remove the crimps from your old one and install new lines and crimp bands. this is not an oem fix, but ive done it this way successfully on many projects with hard to find "foreign" or specialty fittings.

to answer your question, the cylinders may be able to be converted, but the fitting boss on the pump may not be heavy enough for a conversion to be machined into it...

as a very last resort, you can cut the usable ends of your current hoses and have new ones made with common sized hardlines and then cut the hardlines to length and have your old ends TIG welded/spliced on to the new ones... ive done this too, and it can be done to look very clean if the welder knows anything about welding small pipe...

but I think you will find new ones if you get away from the oem market...

If you enlarge the threaded ports and tap new threads into them, you'll end up with either machine threads or tapered pipe threads.
Neither of those are suitable for a hydraulic system.

Centerline said:
as a very last resort, you can cut the usable ends of your current hoses and have new ones made

That thought crossed my mind as well. It's not uncommon to see that being done.
Call a few local Air/Hydraulic hose companies and ask if they can do that!

but I think you will find new ones if you get away from the oem market...

Yes, keep looking and find the correct OEM replacements!

Last edited:
Back