Logo

2-Pin Connector Front of Motor

agreszler

I'm installing a 2003 Johnson 90 model J90PLSTC. There is a two pin connector on the front side with both wires colored blue with white stripe. I don't find anywhere to connect this. Anyone know what this connector is for?

2pin blue white stripe.jpg

Perhaps trim/tilt. But should be green/white and blue/white. Does it head back towards the relays?

OK. Thanks. That makes sense since the trim/tilt limiter doesn't appear to work. I can't find the mating plug. Any idea where to look?

Maybe it's been removed. If it's for gauge, as Mr. Scott suggests, then of course the wire is on the other boat that the motor was previously installed on. Your boat has no gauge, right?

These motors usually have a tilt limit switch.-----Meant to stop travel before cowling hits the motor well.----Adjustable without tools.-----Find it on the tilt pin.----Wiring diagram shows blue / white stripes on this item.

Thanks for all for responses. The wiring harness that came from the previous boat does have three wires to go to a trim gauge. I don't have one so I'm not using those wires. I have the service manual that does show a two pin connector going to the trim limiter switch (although it does not give color coding) and I do find the adjustment cam for the trim limiter. However the trim limiter does not work. I assume this is because the connector is not plugged in. I have searched around the motor and can't find a mating plug. The service manual does not show a plug for this on the instrument harness, so I assume it should be within the motor housing. In any case, the motor does not contact the boat's motor well, even at full tilt, so it probably doesn't matter.

Back