Logo

Default 95 4.3 lx Replaced fuel filter due to lean back fiire at high speed, HOW LONG UNTIL I READ PLUGS?

95 4.3lx gen2....Motor runs fine now. No back firing. I went out for 2 hours mostly at 3000, then made a 30 sec WOT run back to the dock. Ran strong. got home and pulled plugs to check plugs and they were still white. There was some color in the plug on the metal sides. Do I need to run it for more time b4 reading plugs? by the way, when I dumped out the old filter into a glass it looked clean with no debris, but after it settled a couple hrs. i could see a little water in the bottom. THANKS!

Default Re: 95 4.3 lx Replaced fuel filter due to lean back fiire at high speed, HOW LONG UNTIL I READ PLUGS

and they were still white.
    Ayuh,..... It's still runnin' lean,...... rebuild the carb,.......
    Any Grease is Better,... Than No grease at All....

Default Re: 95 4.3 lx Replaced fuel filter due to lean back fiire at high speed, HOW LONG UNTIL I READ PLUGS

what plugs are you runing

Hold on a minute. With the ethanol infected fuels we are stuck with today, plugs tend to run much "whiter" than before. In fact, my old Mopar 360 boat engines ran "lean" (according to plug colors) all summer long. Got so worried I rejetted it a bit richer, which made the plugs a tiny bit darker.

The bottom line is, don't jump to the conclusion your motor is leaned out based solely on plug colors.

Jeff