Logo

Maybe Anyone Can Start Any Engine

Brankif

So, After some surgery prevented me from startng my range of pull-start engines, I developed a tool to do it for me.
Its finally available, and you can see it start my engines at https://www.pullstarters.com
Do you think it may work for tricky outboards ?
Comments most welcome.

Attachments

• Pullstarter_pdf.pdf
    318.5 KB · Views: 100
Definitely an excellent idea, nice job. How is the response so far? However, you should have listed it on the Mercury Mariner because just between you and me, Johnson/Evinrude start a lot easier with the smaller motors and the gear reduction pull ropes. Ever try to pull over a 15 Merc vs. a 15 OMC?

Definitely an excellent idea, nice job. How is the response so far? However, you should have listed it on the Mercury Mariner because just between you and me, Johnson/Evinrude start a lot easier with the smaller motors and the gear reduction pull ropes. Ever try to pull over a 15 Merc vs. a 15 OMC?
I haven't had it on those engines. I supplied 10 units to a company in Singapore who service a lot of engines - boats and saws mainly. I know the unit itself is strong enough to withstand the forces required to start any engine - If a decent, professional quality drill is attached I think it will do the job.

Back