Logo

Honda BF90D 2007 won't reving up 4000 rpms.

ChrisGR1984

Hello to everybody. My name is Chris and im from Greece.
I have buy a used Honda BF90D 2008 model with 170 working hours. The engine has stay out work for about 2 or 3 years. When i bought i have change a lot of thinks as Spark plugs,water pump,oils oil filter,gearbox oil, internal anodes and electric high pressure fuel pump because does not start. When i put my boat in the water the engine was start pretty quick and at neutral has revving up to limit, if i remember correct at 6000 rpm.
But he doesn't rev up 4000rpm when the boat plane. I have check the fuel lressure and is arround 2.7 - 3 bar but i have a small losing fuel pressure when the key is at position ON. Not big losing but i have. The fuel pressure regulator has working i already tested. Ahh i fkrgeta i have change and the both of thermostats one 50c at head and 0ne 60c at blick behind ECU. The only think when i have not check is the low pressure pump. My bulb pump when i sqeeze it after a few sqeezes has tight but if you tight harder he had a little bit yet every time. Did anybody can help me please?
Thanks a lot!!!

Might pay to have injectors serviced too. Are you sure the motor isn't just badly over propped or too small for the boat you put it on?

Thanks for the reply! I have already clean the injectors and i have check with smaller pitch prop. First prop is the original 13.25x17 and also i have check 13.5x15 both of props are 3 blades aluminium.

Back