Logo

Leaving (Off Topic)

joereeves

Gold Medal Contributor
I left here once back on March 13 of 2018 due to a medical problem that I found later could be corrected (and was) so I came back.

However, although I feel like I'm somewhere between 38 & 43 years of age, I'm well aware that I'm 2 years & 9 months short of being 90, and as such, retiring in 1991... the engines I'm mostly educated in are now more or less just a fading memory of which I've posted everything I know many times over that will show up on a well worded search I'm sure.

So, while I still have most of my faculties, I think it best that I leave now rather than to chance a few years later to re-visit places in the far west that I remember... and long to spend some time once more. I will have fond memories of the years I've spend here I'm sure, and I will not forget the unseen friends I've accumulated. I may stop in from time to time to say hello. As the saying goes that I've heard on TV a few times..... "It's been one hellava ride!"

Joe Reeves

Good luck to you. I've read a ton of your posts and your knowledge has been very helpful to me and countless others I'm sure.

And just so you know: I think the old gear is cool.

yPe3s8h.jpg

Adios Amigos.

Looks like Mr. Scott and I will have to try and pick up the slack, but my experience is mostly pre 2000 also. Super T is seldom heard from but came out of the woodwork to wish you the best. Rook, beautiful picture, I had horses for many years, love 'em. Had to quit riding as my hip gave out. Have a new titanium unit, so now I at least have some "scrap" value.
Joe has been a huge source of information as well as humor here on Marine Engine. I gave up Iboats years ago, too many "smart asses" there for me. Apparently Joe tolerated them, but I couldn't. What makes these forums really work well is cooperation and NOT competition. As a team we can solve problems and make more customers as we go along. So keep up the great job, my fellow contributors and farewell to my mentor and friend, Joe.

Last edited:
Mr Reeves,
This board will be diminished with your departure. I've never met you, but I feel like I am losing a friend. Thank you for your years of sharing your knowledge with us. You are the best! Good luck in all future endeavors.

Richard

Nice words Richard, you share my feelings. Joe has been through some hard times and struggles. I believe that the image he presents is but a shadow of his real person. He will not bow to insults but stands tall on his experience and authenticity.

Hay, wait a minute Joe...I NEED some help=see my first post, on a 95 Johnson 115 FastStrike...

I'm kind of right with you Joe==65 years old retired GM Master Tech...

I don't know why my buddy thinks that I know anything about a boat repair..

Wish you well Joe...Bill.

Back