Logo

Trouble shooting 07 75hp efi starting issues

Skilsaw13

Hello all,
So middle of duck season is not a good time for the boat to die. All was working fine went to start it at the end of hunt and nothing. Not even a click. Battery is fully charged. Just put fresh termianals on it as well. Tested for 12v at the starter solenoid and got it. However the smaller low volt wire that controls is seems to not be getting power. With muiltimeter on that terminal on the solenoid when the key is turned nothing. I was able to half track that wire just by size and color back to the solenoid assembly. And that solenoid has 12v going in but the small terminal that the smaller wire is on has nothing. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advanced for any help

Perhaps the nuetral start switch in the control box needs attention.-----Tried jumping 12 volts directly to the small terminal on the solenoid ?

I read a couple things about the neutral switch but have not gotten into that yet. It is a newer control box though. I have watched a few videos on jumping the solenoid. What’s the best way to do this. Just alligator clips from the battery. One to the motor ground and one to the small terminal? Would this be on the starter solenoid or the back solenoid assembly?
thk you

Sorry ,----I consider this trouble shooting to be very simple.----If you are unsure of 12 volts and wires it might be best to visit a shop.----Could save you a lot of grief.----Mistakes / trial and error can get expensive.

So did some trouble shooting checked wiring solenoids, neutral switch etc found a bad 15amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and got it to start but as sooon as I turned the key to the off position it popped the fuse. Is this a electrical short issue?

Back