Logo

2010 Honda BF225A

Gman1234

I have a 2010 Honda BF225A. The alarm sounds everytime you adjust the trim up or down. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening?

Agree with Blacktimes.

Top of mind diagnostics...

You need to first check all of your battery cables and make sure they are very clean and tight both at the battery and where they connect to the engine - especially the ground wire. If you have a battery selector switch, disconnect the battery and rotate the switch back and forth a bunch of times, and test again. If problem is still there, bypass the selector switch and re-test. Selector switches do become corroded and fail.

Check your battery voltage. Disconnected it should read 12.1 volts or more. Connected, with engine running, it should read at least 13.4 volts.

Disconnect your battery cables and listen to them as you bend them back and forth. If you hear a crackling sound, the cables are corroded inside the insulation. If so, replace the cables.

Next, look at where the T/T motor wire goes through the cowling, and where it goes through the left stern bracket and look for insulation chafing. Then look at where the wires goes into the T/T motor and make sure that the seal is not compromised or the insulation on the wire is not chaffed at that point. You will need to pull up on the corrugated Teflon protection tube to see it well.

Finally, find the plug to the tilt/trim motor. It plugs in at the front of the engine under the electronics cover. It's a 2-pin connector directly below the red service connector. Disconnect it, and thoroughly clean the pins. I think there is another plug between that one and the motor that is inside the upper cowling. Check that, too.

Back