Logo

Meatman

Meatman

I have a 1985 E15RCOB A friend wanted to show a friend how well it started and ran. I told him to put the muffs on before hand he did but did not center over the inlets. Needless to say by the time I came out engine was shutting down. I am new to this little motor could someone tell me if there is an overheating shut down on this model a fuse or something. I have ordered a manual any feedback would be helpful indeed

Last edited:
Not good
There is no shutdown on these motors. Is the paint discolored on the head or exhaust cover? Are any wires, or parts melted where they are attached to the head area?

There is nothing melted or discolored I will pull the flywheel and check still has 90 plus psi on both cylinders may be coils I will check it out today and post what I find

What exactly was happening when you indicate that the motor was "shutting down"? Was water exiting the indicator oriface?

Okay, got it. If no melting wires, coils, power pack, etc....then I will bet on the power pack. They can be touchy.

If the impeller is totally wiped out, she got pretty warm, brother. Just worked on a big 135 Yamaha. The guy got weeds on the intake openings, ignored warning indicators, melted water pump, ruined cylinder head. Ended up selling it to a big outboard shop for him and they rebuilt it. On a 2 stroke, the pistons take more of a beating, often will soon fail later on....over a short time.

Back