Logo

Query. Appreciate if you could help

SimonZ

Hi

I bought a new Suzuki 115 at the same time together with a friend of mine ( same model ) . Our Problem arose and wish that some one could clarify an issue we are dealing with. Whilst mine when battery switch is in the OFF position and i turn on ignition key ,nothing will light ( Gauges ) or starting sound. Whilst my friends one when his battery switch is OFF and turn key on, Gauges light will come on and starting alarm will sound but obviously will not start engine.
My friend inquired and was told that his is right because ECU should always have power . Honestly i could not understand cause i always assumed that when switching batteries OFF no current ( except Bilge ) would have to be available.
Could you please help us in this matter and if possible explain what is right or wrong ?

Appreciate lots your kind expertise.

His motor has most likely got the sub wire [ white] on the positive terminal of the battery that feeds the ECU .the starting circuit does not go through the sub wire it goes through the red wire to starter motor

His motor has most likely got the sub wire [ white] on the positive terminal of the battery that feeds the ECU .the starting circuit does not go through the sub wire it goes through the red wire to starter motor

Should i arrange my set up or? From what i can understand mine is connected to the main switch, thus when i turn switch off no current will flow except the bilge.

Get electrical drawings and study them you will see one drawing has a sub wire white wire connected to the + of the battery together with the main red cable that goes to the starter your bilge will stay on if its connected to the white wire even with the key off .connect a separate switch to the bilge pump.

Back