Logo

1993 Evinrude VE50 TLET B Not Starting

Installed new CDI power pack, have spark, motor has started twice, not run long. Fuel is getting to carbs. Now will not start, just blips or chuffs a little, even with starting fluid and throttle wide open (carbs will cough a little spray). Plugs are not new but look OK. PP wiring: orange blue to top, o. green to bottom cyl. Have not touched timing.

Also would like comment on timing for this. Have not found info on starting timing for this motor, should be degree ATDC? Procedure is timing light to top coil? Notice on intake cover: "19 degrees BTDC"

I have not much experience with outboards, grateful for any help.

Last one of those I trouble shooted had a sheared flywheel key.----Throws timing out.-----Club fisted party working on it had actually put grease on the tapers.-----Presumably to make removing the flywheel easier.

Last one of those I trouble shooted had a sheared flywheel key.----Throws timing out.-----Club fisted party working on it had actually put grease on the tapers.-----Presumably to make removing the flywheel easier.

Many thanks racerone! I had switched ignition wiring at one point; preignition sheared that key neatly. I'll have to stop doing that.

Back