Logo

VRO pumps work fine but are original I think. Is the best plan to replace with the latest VROs?

Dan123

1994 Ocean Runner V8 250 currently runs great. I've owned it 5 yrs. Do I install new VRO pumps to ensure the motor is oiled properly

??-----Do you know how this pump works ?-----In the 5 years you have owned it have you tested the operation of the VRO to see if it is pumping the correct amount of oil ?----Have you tested it to make sure the alarm circuit on the VRO works , yes or no ?

??-----Do you know how this pump works ?-----In the 5 years you have owned it have you tested the operation of the VRO to see if it is pumping the correct amount of oil ?----Have you tested it to make sure the alarm circuit on the VRO works , yes or no ?

no tests have been performed on the VRO pumps. I see oil being consumed as the oil tank level drops. Alarms work but have not checked if VRO alarm wiring works. Boat is a pure pleasure and don’t mind paying for new pumps if this is recommended. Not sure local OMC Dealer can properly test the pumps so leaning to replace. Is the replacement pump improved to what was installed in 1994?

These VRO pumps did not come out last weekend.-----Your local dealer would have the test procedures in a manual !!----If money is no problem for you then a new VRO pump is your best option.

Right, replace it as the newer versions have been improved. I believe that the ratios have been modified as well, to help prolong motor life. Go ahead, look at the new motor prices, right?

I believe these V-8 motors use 2 VRO pumps.-------These pumps are easy to inspect / service.-----But that is my opinion.

Yes, right Racer. I still run breaker points in my 69 Chev truck. HEI came to GM in 1975, still really wonder if it's any better. If the older equipment is well cared for, it can outlast US.

Yes, right Racer. I still run breaker points in my 69 Chev truck. HEI came to GM in 1975, still really wonder if it's any better. If the older equipment is well cared for, it can outlast US.
Let me put your mind at ease HEI is heads and tails better than points in 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of all aplications.

Back