Logo

no spark on 1996 115hp oceanrunne

bassguy

Hi guy's, great site ...I recently got a 1996 115 hp ocean runner this motor has been idle for two years , In saying that it had been fully serviced and the previous owner says it was running fine before he stopped using it. the problem I have is there is no spark, can the power pack go down from been idle or will I have to start with the stator and work forward. Well guys what do you think?

Does that remote have the seperate lanyard for a kill switch or the cap that pulls on the key.
yes there is a lanyard with a clip on it you push in the key and slip the clip in place. I am thinking of trying the motor without the loom as there seems to be water coming from the wires

yes there is a lanyard with a clip on it you push in the key and slip the clip in place. I am thinking of trying the motor without the loom as there seems to be water coming from the wires
Sorry for got to say this motor was on a rib which was not under cover the motor was dry and had its hood on also it had been winterized by the workshop that serviced it .

sorry it took so long to get back , checked all the loom inc the ing switch and the lanyard seems to be no problem there '' there seems to be no power coming from the power unit to the coils the power from the stator seems weak . dose any one have or know what the readings should be or have any more taughts on the problem thank you.

Back