Logo

Water Flush Kit Install 1988 NS60

Amigorick

I purchased the flush adapter for my Nissan NS60 outboard but can’t figure out for sure where to install it. I found a bolt on the left side (from the rear) of the motor that has the word “wash” beside it. Do I remove it to install the flush adapter? Also, a previous owner added a water pressure gauge in the console for my motor. He connected it to the hose that goes to the “pee” hole so it no longer “pees”. Could I connect the water pressure gauge to a fitting in the “wash” hole and reconnect my “pee” line? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, the flushing adapter goes in that 8 mm plug hole while flushing.
You can add a tee fitting to the pee tube for the gauge.

Yes, the flushing adapter goes in that 8 mm plug hole while flushing.
You can add a tee fitting to the pee tube for the gauge.

Would it work if I put a 90 degree brass fitting in the 8mm plug hole and connected the pressure gauge
to that? If I simply put a tee in the line for the pee tube, will the gauge show any pressure, since the
line out the rear of the motor would be open?
I appreciate your help !!!

Where would you find an 8mm tee fitting? I suppose you could fabricate one.
The pee nipple causes back pressure. Have the pee nipple to the side of the tee. That may work out OK.

Where would you find an 8mm tee fitting? I suppose you could fabricate one.
The pee nipple causes back pressure. Have the pee nipple to the side of the tee. That may work out OK.

I don't have the original Pee Nipple as the previous owner removed it. I have no idea of where to get one. I was
planning on using a brass or plastic barbed fitting at the pee hole by connecting a the hose from the tee fitting to
one side of the barbed fitting and inserting it through the hole in the cover and then putting a small piece of
tubing on the outside of the cover on the other end of the barbed fitting. That will basically sandwich the motor
cover between the two hoses with the fitting and should hold the hose in place. The parts manual shows the hose
as being a 5mm hose. The closest I have is a 3/16" ID hose. It is very close in size. It is actually .009" smaller than
the 5mm Hose.

Back