Logo

1987 Dt150 super six charging issue

jm2512000

My 1987 dt150 super six isn't charging my battery while I'm running.
It will start fine the first couple of times but voltage drops when I put it in gear and open up the throttle. After about the second or third time the battery voltage still shows right around 12.3 volts but its loke their isn't enough juice to start the engine. Had my battery tested and it is fine even when under a load. What could be my problem?

It will start fine the first couple of times but voltage drops when I put it in gear and open up the throttle. After about the second or third time the battery voltage still shows right around 12.3 volts but its loke their isn't enough juice to start the engine. Had my battery tested and it is fine even when under a load. What could be my problem?

Back