Logo

Mercruiser 5.0 MPI Missing Ignition Sensor plug

blackseven

Was replacing my distributor cap and rotor and noticed the ignition sensor was unplugged. And I couldn't find the plug on the engine harness. Sort of bizarre. It's a 2003 Trophy 2352. I'm troubleshooting some issues with the engine running rough/bogging on acceleration, but still getting on plane, revving to about 4900 RPM and making 30 knots, but my understanding is that this boat should be cruising at 35knots with the propeller that I have on it. (ELE3 Powertech Prop 17p).

I'm guessing something is wrong, but I cannot for the life of me find where the plug is on the engine harness.

you dont have one with that ign system. The mpi uses a dist called a HVS. (high voltsage switch)
only needs the rotor to work

you dont have one with that ign system. The mpi uses a dist called a HVS. (high voltsage switch)
only needs the rotor to work

Appreciate it, it had me worried. Engine has an unknown history so I was somewhat concerned about that. Going to be doing plugs and wires this week, I also bought a new coil, already cleaned the spark arrestor. I'll keep working on it.

Back