Logo

1990 Yamaha 50Etmld carb troubles

26summersquall

Hey guys new member here with a problem with a new to me 1990 50 hp yamaha. I have fuel dumping out of the main jet on the bottom carb, I have cleaned all 3 carbs, replaced needle valves, seats and floats, adjusted the float height so the floats a level with carb housing when upside down. Installed new gaskets and diaphragm on the fuel enrichment solenoid, but it just keeps dumping fuel out that main jet and when I remove the bowl it doesn't seem to have nearly enough fuel in it to even float the float to close the needle valve. I can't find any leaking fuel anywhere else that would be preventing the bowl from filling, compression is at 125 on all 3, has good spark etc. If I flip the manual enrichment valve open, it stops belching fuel out the main jet, but soon as I close it it starts dumping the fuel through the jet again, I'm stumped!

I'm having a hard time picturing where exactly you're seeing fuel leak out. Can you take a video? Assuming it's coming out of the main nozzle, then the only thing I can think of would be a blockage in one of the enrichment lines or passages. Or maybe some hose connections got mixed up when you put it back together.

Have you adjusted the pilot screws? You didn't mention that.

Last edited:
Back