Logo

Remote Oil Tank Connector

Burnblaze

Hey so I bought a used 2 stroke Yamaha 250, everything was on a pallet when I got it. I cant find where the remote oil tank clips in in the motor, am I missing somthing obvious here? It’s a build make connector on the remote tank. It’s a 2001 Yamaha 250 salt water series 76 degree

It is a dark blue four pin nylon connector. Four wires connected to it.

No idea what a build make connector means.

The connector is for the automatic oil transfer system. No transfer, the alarm will sound if and when the engine mounted main oil tank runs low.

The four wires are for the sensor in the oil tank and for the oil pump itself.

The connector is usually up front with two ivory coloured four pin connectors and one black round ten pin connector.

The connector is for the automatic oil transfer system. No transfer, the alarm will sound if and when the engine mounted main oil tank runs low.

The four wires are for the sensor in the oil tank and for the oil pump itself.

The connector is usually up front with two ivory coloured four pin connectors and one black round ten pin connector.

ok I’ll have to take a look again, I seen the 19 pin, and two white connectors but nothing else. Maybe it’s hidden and can’t see it. I’ll look again, while I have you when it comes to the white connectors obviously I have my gauges connect to the one, what’s the second one for?

Both white connectors attach to a harness that runs to the gauges. Over temp, low oil quantity caution (remote tank), low oil warning (main tank), trim information, power supply to the trim sender, etc..

Both white connectors attach to a harness that runs to the gauges. Over temp, low oil quantity caution (remote tank), low oil warning (main tank), trim information, power supply to the trim sender, etc..

Sorry for my spelling, my auto correct is horrible.

I was only given the one harness with my gauges, with only one white connecter. I’ll have to phone and see if I’m missing some cables I think. Thanks for your help!

hey so I found the oil tank connection, was tied up underneath the block. I forgot to ask what the blue cable with the bullet connection is for, have you seen this?

Attachments

• C8C7818C-5C72-457E-BB6C-3864D14A6FBB.jpeg
    C8C7818C-5C72-457E-BB6C-3864D14A6FBB.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 47
hey so I found the oil tank connection, was tied up underneath the block. I forgot to ask what the blue cable with the bullet connection is for, have you seen this?
Blue is the wire colour for a solenoid activated choke. Which your model does not have. Thus the wire is not used. Redundant.

Back