Logo

Trolling issue 2012 mercury 90hp efi

Broken

I own a 2012 Lowe 165 with a 90hp mercury efi 4 stroke. Engine starts right up and idles good and accelerates like it's supposed to. The issue comes when I try to troll with it. The engine runs great for about 15 min while trolling then slowly goes down hill. It starts running rough and eventually shuts off emitting a strong odor of gas. It will start right up but needs to be revved up to clear it..I replaced plugs, air filter, high/low fuel filters and is still acting the same. Looking for some advice on troubleshooting this problem

I own a 2012 Lowe 165 with a 90hp mercury efi 4 stroke. Engine starts right up and idles good and accelerates like it's supposed to. The issue comes when I try to troll with it. The engine runs great for about 15 min while trolling then slowly goes down hill. It starts running rough and eventually shuts off emitting a strong odor of gas. It will start right up but needs to be revved up to clear it..I replaced plugs, air filter, high/low fuel filters and is still acting the same. Looking for some advice on troubleshooting this problem

Excessive oil in engine has been known to cause trolling issues!

Back