Logo

1969 Merc 110 - Watet Pump?

Got her running. Here's the proof.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bWPxhi2B5woBs29v7
Thing is, the stream out of the pee hole isn't consistent. Also, if I run it at idle for a while it slows to a trickle, so I shut it off. I restart it right away and the stream is strong again. I think there might be trash in the water jacket. I see there's a flush adapter available to use with a garden hose. I assume you hook it up, and remove the intake screen so that any trash will blow out. Is that correct?

No the flush plug is for flushing the powerhead without the motor running, in salt or polluted water it would let you keep it clean. Don't run the motor unless the flush hole goes into the waterpump or you'll fry the impeller and body.

Took her out Sunday in Shallowbag Bay off Manteo NC. there was a little chop and some wind gusts, but she ran great without a hitch. I do have to say that
sitting on the side rail of a 14' aluminum boat while operating via the Merc 110 combination throttle/steering arm was a little difficult and not very comfortable. I'm 60 years old and it made me feel my years. Another downside to this motor is that the Forward/Neutral/Reverse lever is located on the opposite side of the motor from where I was sitting and was awkward to get to. The things you don't think about until you're on the water.....​

Nope----I am right handed and run / steer outboards with the left hand.---Nothing to it.----The grandson when he was 7 years old was steering his motor with the left hand.

Howard----As far as I know they do not market a tiller outboard for " left handed " operators.------There might be an opportunity to make a fortune here.

Back