Logo

Running two different motors off of one gas tank!

mpt

Contributing Member
I own a'96 Campion 622 Explorer sport fishing boat that I recently installed a brass 3-valve (Sierra Marine part #18-1656) to switch from main engine to trolling motor and vice/versa from main tank. It works fine, but I have to open up the motor cover every dang time to manually switch it over in order to run one motor or the other. I tried using a 3/8" brass 3 way splitter, but one engine robs from the other's fuel line causing loss of priming! My goal is to not have to do any switching while running either engine off of main tank without having to lift open the motor cover! Is there a 3-way check valve on the market that works so that I don't have to switch over at all in order to feed what ever engine I'm running from the main tank? Or is there a CG approved electric switch valve on the market that I can purchase and install in the engine compartment for my boat that will do the same?

Haven't seen one but read about a 'new introduction' a while back.....was made by Parker, same people that make the RACOR filters....

If they don't have the 3-way, maybe they can offer up a few shutoff valve solenoid part numbers you could use with a plain splitter....like a two port manifold...??

Back