Logo

8.1 fuse block

bobct

Advanced Contributor
One the many things I’m doing on the 8.1’s I bought are the outstanding recalls. There was one involving the fuse block, cut one wire and cap and then splice with another. Both engines had this done but one had a horrible, non shrink crimp thrown on. I’m going to re-do both but as you can see in the pic, I’m a little short on the red wire after I cut away the old butt connector.

I never use solder but that could do that in this case. Or, does anyone know what company made these fuse blocks? I could get another one or just replace the short wire if I could figure out how to get it apart. Crusader does not show this as a separate, it’s just part of the harness.

thanks
BobF8F87DEC-77D9-4FEF-9A91-0BDB55E9B836.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a weatherpacks housing, based on the gasket for the cap....they are also known by the names of Delphi or Packard.

If you can't find a three position socket, I'd think three individual sealed connectors would be an acceptable alternative....or just add the one new one and leave the 'short' wire open.

I'd think any decent auto electric shop would have what you need today.....if they are close by...

Back