Logo

1999 Johnson 25 hp 2 Cylinder 2 stroke

Riverrunnin

I bought this motor last year,took it out and found that it would barely run with the cowling on. Took the cowling off and it ran better, but still had to nearly close the needle all the way just to get 1/3 throttle. Rebuilt carb., replaced fuel pump, still same problem. Runs great in a barrel, but as soon as it is under load it bogs down. Also it has a different carb on it than what was stock for that year and model. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Different carburetor ??----Any numbers on it ?---Any pictures of it ?----What size / number is on the high speed jet ( orifice plug ) on this different carburetor ?

Different carburetor ??----Any numbers on it ?---Any pictures of it ?----What size / number is on the high speed jet ( orifice plug ) on this different carburetor ?

The Model number is J25TEEEE
The Carb has 323605 stamped on it.
There is a Sticker on the bowl that has the number 439374.
All the diagrams that I have seen for this motor do not look like it mostly because the adjustment screw is not in the right place.

Thanks. I will try that.
If it runs better with hood off you may have an exhaust leak?But sounds like it is bad either way.Saw a good video with similar problem on a 25hp ,but it ran pretty well until higher rpm that was a Bad powerhead base gasket.Sounds like it has a serious breathing problem for sure.

Back