Logo

guardian system

bcclew

Regular Contributor
2004 5.7 350 mag efi mpi ive been working on this in a boat shop. motor came out out of a ski boat.was all rebuilt by engine shop. here is where t gets crazy. the boss ordered a new engine harness and computer so the engine could be used in reg boat.needed the harness for interrupter switch.and other extras.this engine runs fine for a bout a minuet then starts to bog down.does this have the guardian system built in the computer?i am running this engine on a skid outside the shop .I am wondering if the computer is not seeing a signal?this is the engine with that emc555 system tps tmap etc iac crank sensor no pick up in distributor. I don't no much about the guardian sysem exept the ones n outboards.i used meds scan tool says all sensors are working inj good ing good . or am I chaseing my tail thanks for ny help

guardian monitors oil temp and lube bottle witch means that switch is closed.there is no bottle on this engine so ill jump the 2 wires and see what happens it will be tue ill get back

Who set the rocker arms? 1/2 turn max after zero lash. Anything more will cause a vacuum leak when the oil pressure comes up.

Did you activate the shift switch?

Did you check fuel pressure?

There is no Oil Temp Sensor on the 555 system.

The lube monitor sense wires are an open circuit. They close to set the alarm, so if they are not connected it's not an issue.

thanks for comeback right now there is no shift switch.on engine.lifters are 3/4 after 0 lash fuel pres is fine reg is working.after running a few times it runs smooth just starts to bog down . its like pinching fuel line on carb eng.while bogging a spray of choke spray does not regain rpms, sounds like ts beginning to flood. thanks again

Back