Logo

Does anyone know the omc part number for a flushing attachment for 1965 90hp Johnson?

Does anyone know the omc part number for a flushing attachment for 1965 90hp Johnson? Or do they have a used one I can buy as my old one rusted away this last winter and using a barrel sucks.

Do you mean the OMC one that replaces the water bypass plate on the side? That was part #308904. Or do you mean the one that clamps to the cavitation plate? That was an aftermarket accessory made by ?? (I suddenly forgot the name). I have one, but it isn't for sale.

EDIT: "Tempo Flushette" Don't know the Tempo number.

EDIT EDIT: Tempo 916 TFC. There is an instruction sheet for one for sale on e-bay. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.ebay.com/itm/testit-flushette-Outboard-Boat-Engine-Tempo-Manual/254305285256?hash=item3b35c6b488:g:hC0AAOSwKoRZYM~D[/FONT]

Nine bucks for a sheet of paper (!!!!???!).

Last edited:
Do you mean the OMC one that replaces the water bypass plate on the side? That was part #308904. Or do you mean the one that clamps to the cavitation plate? That was an aftermarket accessory made by ?? (I suddenly forgot the name). I have one, but it isn't for sale.

EDIT: "Tempo Flushette" Don't know the Tempo number.

EDIT EDIT: Tempo 916 TFC. There is an instruction sheet for one for sale on e-bay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/testit-flushette-Outboard-Boat-Engine-Tempo-Manual/254305285256?hash=item3b35c6b488:g:hC0AAOSwKoRZYM~D

Nine bucks for a sheet of paper (!!!!???!).

I don't care what it cost, I already bought it. Thanks for the info, it was a great help.

So nobody has anything to add to this thread? Too bad, because I don't believe OMC produced an engine without a flushing gear.

You are quite correct... BUT... that was 54 years ago (as mentioned above "Tempo"), and they have faded into the background to make way for the new.

Check with the older dealerships, non dealership outboard shops, eBay, etc... and as a last resort, a machine shop that understands what you seek.

I'm still running these old outboards with great success. So why should everything have to be new and very expensive? Oh and I modify them for more power to and they still run great.

I'm still running these old outboards with great success. So why should everything have to be new and very expensive? Oh and I modify them for more power to and they still run great.

Aha!.... You overlooked that part about a boat being a hole in the water into which one throws money did you?

I thought the matter of the flushette was settled. What other comments were you looking for? Of course lots of those old motors are still in use. I have over a dozen motors, the newest is 35 years old, the oldest is 101 years old.

Back