Logo

Prop help on 1969 55hp evinrude

radioflyer

Hello the prop on my 1969 55hp evinrude has “OMC V4 19F” marked on it.

Does that mean anything to anyone? Is this prop meant for a V4?

Is this prop ok to run?

Hello the prop on my 1969 55hp evinrude has “OMC V4 19F” marked on it. Does that mean anything to anyone? Is this prop meant for a V4? Is this prop ok to run?

Look closely.... That "F" is most likely a "P" for "Pitch"... and if it is a 19 pitch prop, it is quite unlikely to be suitable for a 55hp engine.

Yes the V-4 props wil fit on that motor.-----I do think the early ones had a smaller diameter propshaft.----A 19" pitch would work on a small / light boat.

Look closely.... That "F" is most likely a "P" for "Pitch"... and if it is a 19 pitch prop, it is quite unlikely to be suitable for a 55hp engine.

great thank you for the info! Boats and this boat is new to me. This makes sense as it seems like the motor isnt turning enough rpm when fully open.
What prop should i get for general all around performance?

They came from th factory with a 13-1/4 X 17, which they felt would suffice for the average boat the motor was likely to be used on. The dealer was expected to exchange it with another size if the boat or load was something other than "average".

Needless to say, it must first be determined that there is no problem with the motor. You can't fix a sick motor with a different prop.

Last edited:
Excellent! thank you

I have the motor on a 16ft 1964 Starcraft Aluminum which has a floor.

I would say average boat for this motor?

If anyone has a need for this Prop I would be willing to trade for a more suitable prop.
This prop is in perfect shape.

Back