Logo

Pre CDI Honda B100-1002848 10 HP Coil Craziness

Lipdawg

Hello everyone. I bought a 10 HP Honda B100 Long Shaft Pre CDI last year knowing it had a coil Issue. THE MOTOR HAS POINTS. I have changed the plugs, put a new carb kit in, and replaced two coils. Still no spark. My Mechanic says the coil I need is the Dual Segment Ignition Coil. I have seen this coil it and it has 4 of the Magnetic triangles. Its like two coils on top of each other with two wires coming out of it. I have been looking for another coil without the part number as the coil does not have a part number on it. The Serial Number for the motor is B100-1002848. I have not seen another coil like this on the internet in 6 months. Can anyone help with the name of this coil and a part number? Thank you for anyone who can help. This is what it looks like.

Dual Segment Coil.PNG

PS....I am also looking for the plug for the charging housing for another 10 HP that is the CDI same 80s vintage......Where do I find that so I can charge my battery on my perch boat. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Looks like those Coil Assembly's are no longer available, you may find your other parts, your best option is put a "wanted" add on here and other forums or watch ebay for the rest of your life. I have found pretty good luck in the past finding them at boat yards that specialize in the legacy motor market, there is one in Detroit, MI that will pull the parts and ship them to you, I will see if I can find them again.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Northwestern Boat Co[/COLOR]

Website
Directions

[h=1][/h]

Save

5.03 Google reviews

[COLOR=#878787 !important]Boat dealer in Farmington Hills, Michigan[/COLOR]

Address: 30786 W 8 Mile Rd, Farmington, MI 48336

Hours: [COLOR=#212121 !important]Opens soon ⋅ 9AM[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#212121 !important]

[/COLOR]

Phone: (248) 356-2477