Logo

2006 v/p 5.7 GI-E alarm sounding, power restriction/ limp mode

hello all, i am having a problem with this boat, originally it would not start and i found no fuel pressure from HP pump., further investigation found the harness side of the f/p connector had the 2 wires bare for the 1st 1/4" out of the connector and intemittently would make a poor connection, not to mention possibly shorting out on 1 another. , so replaced the connector and f/p now works but thepressure was over 80PSI, i pulled the regulator and the filter screen was resticted,(fuel pump assembly replaced a few years back and most likely the cause if its failure) i pulled the screen and installed the E clip as listed in the service bulletin, now proper f/p of 55PSI is restored, now, out on the water running @ 3/4 to full throttle, the alarm starts sounding and the engine kicks into limp mode, with a sudden drastic reduction of speed. the 1st time, it nearly sent me flying into the windshield. anyway, the alarm keeps sounding and the engne stays in power restricion mode until the engine is shut down and restarted.
Rinda scanner shows 1 code for general alarm( no ****) but while in restriction mode, it has a code for engine shutdown/emergency stop.
all the perameters on the scanner look to be in proper range and the gauges read fine. fuel presure gauge reads steady 55psi, the dash tach is not acting right and starts off @ 2K even @ idle or key off. but this has been a long time problem.i even disconnected the tach, even though i know it is mearly a receiving device, i wanted to eliminate any possibility of the tach sshorting out and the computer thinkling it is over reving but no such luck. i am stumped on this one guys.

tach is disconnected at the helm, since it is EFI, i don't think it possible to disconnect fro mthe engine itself without cutting a wire.

serial # is 402106978

Back