Logo

Runs for 10 to 15 minutes then falls on its self.

4jhutch

Hi all,

i have been reading your forum for years now. I can usually find what I need. Not this time. I have and 89 4.3 liter. It will run fine on the hose. But in the water it will start right up and take off on a plane. Then when you let off your done. It will idle and put around sometimes. Other times it won’t even start. When it does it’s just falls all over its self as you give it more throttle. I feel like it’s a fuel problem. But could be wrong. Took it to a shop and had the carb rebuilt. I have changed the fuel pump, filter, and water separator myself. Last time we put it on the trailer my wife left the key on as it died. Burnt the points up and killed the battery. I replaced them and set the dwell per the service manual. New cap, wires, rotor, plugs, and coil. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I suspected the coil too. I had put one for a car on it years ago. So I replaced it with the correct one with no luck. Now that you mention the resister??? I wonder. I have never changed it. I believe it’s made in the wiring harnesses? That’s a good idea. Thanks for your input.

Back