Logo

Please identify this part: Tohatsu 6hp 2018 Carburetor intake assembly

ethand320

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with my 2018 tohatsu 6hp 4 stroke. It seems the the plastic throttle piece that is attached to the carb has cracked and i ended up breaking it all the way off while inspecting it :cool:

Selection_040.jpg

I highlighted the assembly in red. I can't seem to find this on the carburetor part diagrams for the outboard, can someone point me in the right direction for replacing? (this image isn't the exact carb, my the whole assembly including the valve inside the carb is plastic but you see what I mean)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

You broke off the choke arm. You need a whole complete carburetor, or get a dud carb, and transfer parts.

Plastic parts and modern manufacturing using it will not survive over time.-----Some motors from the 1960's will be running long after this plastic stuff is has been recycled in my opinion.-----New motors run very nice and well.-----But plastic parts begin to suffer with time.

The choke plate has been plastic since 1999. I have never broken one. Perhaps you were a wee bit ham-fisted. You just hook the choke wire into it.

The choke plate has been plastic since 1999. I have never broken one. Perhaps you were a wee bit ham-fisted. You just hook the choke wire into it.

Thank you all for the input, yes it was most definitely my fault and not a fault of the plastic itself :D

Back